As the ride-sharing landscape continues to evolve globally, this week has seen a slew of interesting developments. From executive shifts in Foodpanda's management to the futuristic AI factories aiming to accelerate self-driving cars, there's plenty to catch up on. Dive into our curated selection of stories to keep a pulse on the latest in the industry.
Executive Movements & Corporate Decisions:
- Foodpanda Leadership Shuffle: Foodpanda removes Jakob Angele as its APAC CEO following alleged leaks related to the potential sale of the platform. Angele was previously the firm's chief international officer. Read more.
- Listing Aspirations in Singapore: Some Singaporean firms have their sights set on a Nasdaq listing, signaling a growing ambition in Asian tech enterprises. Explore further.
Innovations & Partnerships:
- Robotaxis in Japan: GM Cruise and Honda are poised to launch a robotaxi service in Japan, heralding a new era of transportation in the country. Discover more.
- AI Factories for Self-Driving Cars: Foxconn and Nvidia are embarking on a collaborative effort to build AI factories, aimed to fast-track the development of autonomous vehicles. Find out more.
Local Perspectives & Stories:
- Bargaining in Ride-Sharing: A unique ride-hailing app in Vietnam allows passengers to negotiate fares. Whichever driver agrees to the lowest fare gets the ride. Learn about this unique approach.
- NYC's Green Signal to e-Vehicles: New York City plans to lift restrictions on electric Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare vehicles. Details here.
Challenges & Controversies:
- Underpaid Gig Workers: Experts claim that Uber's warning of an 85% meal price hike under new Australian labor laws highlights the underpayment of gig workers. Explore the implications.
- Ride-Share Rallies: Uber and Lyft drivers gather en masse in Boston, advocating for improved working conditions. See the full story.
- Pakistani Drivers Feel the Pinch: InDrive, a ride-sharing platform in Pakistan, comes under scrutiny as drivers voice concerns about being underpaid. Dive deeper.
Trends & Additional Insights:
- Bolt's Micromobility Safety Efforts: Bolt establishes a micromobility safety committee and introduces distance-based pricing. Learn how it affects the market.
- Blacklane's Significant Funding: Berlin-based Blacklane secures a partnership with Sixt, accompanied by over €33.9 million in funding. Discover what this means for the luxury transport sector.
Interest in running your own delivery or ride-hailing platform? Check us out at www.goodjourney.io